Thursday, June 11, 2009

080103 – The Day Before I left Seoul

Bookmark and Share
I left my office early after greeted farewell to all my colleagues in Seoul. I rushed back to hotel, hoping to spend some quality time with my wife for a good dinner. Since we missed the Samyetang dish on the Christmas Eve, we decided visit the restaurant I normally used to go which served only Samyetang and Bosintang.

Samyetang is literally means ginseng chicken soup and it’s a famous dish during the hot summer in Korea, replenish back our energy due to sweats and physical activities. It also helps to cure physical ailments and also prevent sickness. Samyetang is made of a whole young chicken is stuffed with glutinous rice and boiled in a broth of Korean ginseng, dried seeded jujube fruits, garlic, and ginger. It cost 8000won. The ingredients were fresh and the soup is without salt, you can add your desire amount of salt to suit your taste bud.

Yeah, it’s the ginseng root.

It tasted so good, my wife basically ate the whole chicken and left only the bones.

Bosintang is a Korean soup that includes dog meat as its primary ingredient. The meat is boiled well together with many kinds of vegetables and seasoning for a long time. The taste is then enhanced by additional garlic, ginger, onion, herbs, perilla seed and hot pepper. Bosintang is also usually consumed during the summer months and it was a socially accepted food in Korea.

Here is the Bosintang dish took by my colleague previously.

After the satisfying meal, we wandered around for a while admiring the final moment in Seoul before heading back to hotel to finish our packing. Good bye, Seoul!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment